ATTENTION RIDER TRAINING STUDENTS
Cannot be combined with any other offers, not valid on motorcycles. Some conditions may apply.
Now that the riding season is in full gear, Clare's wants to remind everybody to check their motorcycle helmets because it might be time for a new one.
A helmet can look shiny and new, but if it’s 3-5 years old or has suffered a single impact, it’s ready for retirement.
Here’s some helpful motorcycle helmet industry guidelines to go by.
• Helmet manufacturers recommend replacing your helmet every 3 to 5 years, depending on use, to ensure optimal helmet performance.
• Over time, UV rays, internal adhesive and component aging can deteriorate a helmet’s protective qualities.
• Exposure to gasoline, insect repellent, cleaning fluids, exhaust fumes and excessive heat can degrade helmet materials.
• If a helmet has been dropped or suffered an impact, it should be replaced immediately.
• A helmet is designed for only one impact, even a small one. An impact may fracture its outer shell as well as compress the inner liner, neither of which may be visible.
Clare's Cycle & Sports offer stylish selections of DOT approved helmets that are designed to protect your valuable assets. A broad range of styles, prices and materials for men, women and youth are available.
FOX MX APPAREL
KEEP YOUR RIDING GEAR UP TO DATE FOR ALL WEATHER CONDITIONS
- If you are missing some items, here's a quick checklist to make sure you have all the right gear!
Jackets with insulated warmth or heat retention liners.
Heated Gear - Jacket & Pant Liners.
Mid Layer Fleece Jackets.
Windproof Knit Hats, Face Masks & Balaclavas.
Full Finger & Gauntlet Gloves.
Full Face and or Modular Helmets.
Proper eye wear.
Proper Motorcycle Boots
NEW ARRIVALS - KTM APPAREL
WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED
From the dedicated year-round rider to the weekend warrior, we have the motorcycle, ATV & snowmobile riding apparel & items that suit your lifestyle.
For every occasion, CLARE'S Cycle offers something for the passionate rider or collector – even if you think the person already has it all!
Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki & KTM are recognized world wide for the latest in fashion trends and the Apparel Department at CLARE'S Cycle carries clothing to suit every taste and fit every member of your motorcycle family.
We have Genuine leather clothing, leather & textile jackets, MX apparel, gloves, boots and shirts of all colours, sizes, types and styles, jeans, gloves and helmets, and an extensive line of riding footwear.
We carry apparel for men and women in sizes ranging from XS to 2XL in most lines. We also carry apparel for children.
Our apparel and collectibles inventory changes when the seasons do. So come by often and see what we have.
If there is something you're interested in and don't see it - we'll gladly check to see if we can special order it in for you.
NEW TOUR MASTER HI-VIS JACKETS & PANTS
10 Tips On Purchasing Apparel
When choosing apparel, look for the best combination of function – i.e. safety, fit and fashion. You want to be comfortable, look good and know that your apparel is going to protect you should the need arise. There's a wide variety out there – including helmets, jackets, gloves, pants and boots and it's important.
There are too many possibilities to get too detailed so the tips below are general guidelines that you can apply to whatever you're purchasing. Research, ask questions and make an informed decision.
- Wear gear that's designed for riding. Whether you're purchasing leather or synthetic fabrics, understand the abrasion resistant properties. There are lots of clothes out there that look great – but they may not do a very good job of protecting you.
- When trying on apparel, sit on a bike (or the next best thing), put yourself in the riding position. You want to make sure that the length of your jacket, sleeves and pants is adequate to keep you covered in this position and that any armor is covering the area it's intended to protect. You also want to make sure that there's enough room across the back (jacket or pants) so that you're not constrained while riding. Consider the weather conditions you'll be riding through. You may need to layer clothing so make sure there's ample room to do this.
- It's hard to find one riding outfit to meet all the conditions you're going to encounter in a riding season. Look for versatility. There are jackets and pants with zip in/out liners which extend the time you can be comfortable in them. Or you can have several jackets. It's kind of hard to layer gloves so you'll likely need 3 pairs of good gloves – for warm weather, cold weather and rain.
- Look for breathable if you're purchasing jacket, pants or boots that are “waterproof”. Unless it says that it's breathable, it likely won't be and you'll feel like you're wearing a plastic bag – even in cooler weather.
- The more ventilation options the better. It can get pretty hot and lots of flow through ventilation is important particularly for jackets and full face helmets.
- Make yourself as conspicuous as possible at all times. Black looks great – but it can be hard to see. Look for reflective strips on pants, jackets, boots, and gloves that increase visibility at night or in fog or rain.
- Apparel that is uncomfortable or doesn't fit properly can compromise your safety. Not being able to easily reach the controls can be a big problem. If you do have occasion to meet the road you want to make sure that your gear is going to stay in place and protect you.
- Helmets need fit the shape of your head and be snug. You may have to search for the right one that fits your unique head. Wear it for 5 minutes at the shop – if it's uncomfortable at the end of this time, it's only going to get worse while riding.
- Boots should cover your ankles and have an oil and gas resistant sole. It's an awful feeling when you put your foot down and find there's no traction.
- Understand how to care for your purchase. Proper care can extend the longevity - and protect you.
FOX APPAREL, HELMETS, GLOVES, BODY ARMOR
HELMETS, BOOTS, GOGGLES
Contact Clare's Cycle 905-892-2664